Back To Life Pilates 80+
Back To Life Pilates 80+ is chair based Pilates class for those who find reaching the floor or standing challenging due to the poor balance or overall body weakness. If you are able to climb a flight of stairs (our Studio is on the 1st floor) and you're 80 or older, then you must join this class.
Class evolves through the following sequence:
- Opening – Pilates breathing, neutral alignment and core engagement
- Warming sequence - mobility of main joins and flexibility of main muscle groups
- Strength building - mixture of chair and standing exercises using Pilates balls, bands and light weights
- Balance - standing exercises to improve balance and concentration
- Cool down – static seated or standing stretches, relaxation